Everything You Need to Know About Reducing Child Support Payments

Jos Family Law will assist you with a wide range of services to help you through the legal processes like Child Support, Child Custody, Mediation, Alimony, and More.

Divorce may be a difficult experience for any family, particularly the children. Experiencing such a huge shift at such a young age might have a detrimental impact on the kid if the parents do not make an effort to continue supporting their children after the divorce. Child support payments are designed to guarantee that both parents continue to care for their children until they reach the age of majority.

Although these agreements are frequently assumed to be permanent, certain circumstances may allow for a change of support payments. If you actually feel you are entitled to a change in your child support arrangement, an experienced legal practitioner may be able to help you pursue this change.

There are several reasons why a person's financial situation may change, but only very particular events might result in an approval for reducing a support arrangement. These are popular examples:

A sudden loss of income by the parent giving support - This does not apply to circumstances in which the parent quits his or her job or loses financial support of his or her own volition.
Unexpected income increase by the custodial parent;
The child's emancipation;
The child's health improves, resulting in a reduction in living expenses;
The non-custodial parent's health or circumstances change, perhaps resulting in an inability to maintain monthly payments.

Divorce courts will not enable parents to change their support arrangements unless there is a compelling justification. Seek immediate legal counsel if you have any concerns about your specific circumstances or would want to explore your eligibility for a reduction.

The goal of Jos Family Law is to help clients with family law problems that influence important aspects of their lives. Mr. Binoye Jos, a caring and competent family law attorney, can help you with divorce, child custody, and other family law issues. For assistance, contact Mr. Binoye Jos, among the finest Child Custody Attorney Orange County, at 1-714-733-7066.

josfamily law

8 Blog posts

Adeola Oladipo 36 w