RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL
MONDAY, MAY 22ND 2023
PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME
A NEW LIFE FOR THE NEW CREATION
Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him
When you were born into this world, you came with the human life from your parents. This was the life you lived until you were born again and received another life: the life and nature of God. Does this, therefore, imply that you have two lives in you: a human life as well as the divine one? Absolutely not!
As a Christian, you only have one life, and it's the God-life. The human life ceased to be because it was replaced by this life and nature of God. You didn't receive an additional life; it was a supplanting of the old with the new. Hallelujah!
The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17, Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. The use of the word creature in the verse lets us know that what's being described is something new and strange that the world can't recognize because it has never seen it before.
That's like what the Bible says in 1 John 3:1, Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Now that we're the sons of God, the world doesn't recognize us because we're changed.
We're no longer subject to sickness, disease, failure, or death. We're new creations, born with the life and nature of God that transcends the ordinary human life. This is the message of Christ. This is why He came: But as many as received him, to them gave he power
I affirm that Jesus Christ is the Lord of my life, and His life and nature that transcends the ordinary human life has been imparted to my spirit. My old life has been completely supplanted by the divine ife, which is superior to sickness, disease, defeat and the depravities of the natural man. Praise God forevermore!
1 JOHN 5:11-13.
11. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and He that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21.
For He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
EPHESIANS 1:4-6 AMPC.
4. Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.
5. For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]
6. [So that we might be] to the praise and the commendation of His glorious grace (favor and mercy), which He so freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Kings &-9
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: