Ten things an upcoming entrepreneur needs to know
1.you are a brand yourself: every entrepreneur needs to know that first you are a brand yourself before the product you are selling or the services you are rendering, you are a product yourself. you can choose to be a product of value , when people see you they will see value and as well as trust. the value you place on yourself will determine the kind of customer you will attract. for instance if u maintain the quality of you product, they're people that will keep buying it no matter the price because they have confidence that your product will give them the value they want. so become a product of value and trust.
2. You must have confidence in yourself: self confidence makes your work easier because no one wants to patronise a mediocre, everyone wants to patronise someone who is confident. most times your level of confidence can make you seem arrogant but that's not arrogant, it's your ability to convince your customers that your product will give them what they want.
3. honesty: as an entrepreneur honesty is your key factor to excel in your field. what many customers lookout for when buying a product is honesty and trust, if they can trust you they will keep patronising you but when that trust is lost they will lookout for another person. as an entrepreneur when dealing with your customers let your yes be yes and your no be no. with this you can easily win the heart and the confidence of your customers.
4. know your potential customers: as an entrepreneur before tyou step into the market place or where you are rendering services you should understand who your potential customers is. if you don't have a cognitive sense of who your customers is or who is requesting for your services you will be advertising the right product to the wrong person and that will lead to too much struggles. for instance if go to a secondary school and you start advertising a wrist watch of #45,000 to the students, they will admire it, they will appreciate it but they wouldn't buy it because it's not in there class but if you carry the same product and advertise it in the government house it will be more easier for you to make sales there. to avoid struggles and disappointment you need to know your potential customers because every goods has customers and the places it sells faster.
5. packaging: as an entrepreneur you must know how to package your product and yourself inorder to attract the desired customers. for instance if you a car dealer and you work in car dealership, if you want to advertise a car to someone or tell someone about better cars that's better than his, you need to package yourself in such a way that you can rub shoulder with the person. you shouldn't dress in such a way that when you walk in, they will ask you if you are looking for a cleaning job. you need to dress like you are not hungry yourself and it also reals down to confidence; you been confident in yourself and in what you do. you should present yourself in such a way that your customers will not feel they are doing you a favor by purchasing your product rather they should see it as though you are doing them a favor.
6. Be determined not to quite: The most important decision you can make as an entrepreneur is that you will never quite. no matter what. for you to be successful in your field you must decide from the onset that no matter the challenges or problem you face you will never give up. with such mindset there's no obstacle that can stand in the way of your success.
7. You must know how to manage time: you must see time as your most valuable asset. as an entrepreneur you already know that you have a lot to do with limited time. so you need to learn how to make decision of where to focus your valuable and limited time and reasons for it. you need to know the aspect of your business that will benefit you the most and focus your full attention there.
8. you must accept failure as your friend: there's no success without a failure. in as much as entrepreneurship has vast opportunities for success, it is also filled with plenty of opportunities for failure and these are likely gonna arise multiple times. if you ever hope to be successful in what you do, you cannot allow failure to demotivate you rather it should give you more motivation to do more. always find positivity in every situation.
9. you must be hard working: as an entrepreneur, hard work is what will take you far. it is a constant necessity. you can only make progress higher than people in the same standard of job or business, when you walk header and longer than them all. hard work singles you out as an entrepreneur.
10. you need intense motivation to turn your idea into reality: every successful entrepreneur has one thing in common and that's the desire to turn their idea into reality. when it comes to manifesting your ideas into reality, you must have intense motivation if you really want to succeed.