When they start their computer, Netgear users find Wi-Fi adapter working fine. But after sometime, the internet gets cut off and the only way to enable it is by unplug and reconnect your adapter. It there are times when Netgear WiFi adapter not working then check out the guide to get the related information.
Steps to Resolve Netgear Adapter Problems in Windows 10
- Download and Install Latest netgear Drivers
- Click to Windows key + X and proceed to device manager.
- Now, proceed to Netgear adapter, right-click on it and select update driver.
- Choose browse my computer for driver software and let me pick from a list of device drivers on computer.
- Tap on I have disk.
- After that, locate the driver and choose .inf file.
- Lastly, click to OK.
Along with it, users are advisable to choose the driver from the available list of device drivers from computer as:
- Press Windows key + X and open device manager.
- Find the network adapter, right-click on it and select update driver.
- Tap to browse my computer for driver software and let me pick from device drivers.
- Uncheck show compatible hardware.
- From the left submenu, select manufacturer: Netgear.inc.
- Choose Netgear model adapter from the right submenu.
- Tap to next and if you get update driver warning by tapping to yes.
- Lastly, restart your computer.
- Change Power Settings
To change power settings, you need to disable USB selective suspend then check out the steps mentioned below:
- To do that, right-click on battery icon in notification area and then open power options.
- Click to change plan settings and proceed to change advanced power settings.
- Select USB settings and choose USB selective suspend settings.
- Here, disable the options for both on battery and plugged in.
- Lastly, click to save changes.
These are the steps that users need to follow to resolve the Netgear Wi-Fi adapter not working issue. If you encounter with any other issue like Netgear Nighthawk firewall then you can also check out the user manual to get the related details.
Check out the guide and get the information about Wi-Fi adapter not working issue. If users encounter with any other problem such as how to reboot Netgear Nighthawk router then users can go through the official website to get the related details. Users can check out the official website to get the information and to start using the Netgear router smoothly.