Scholarships for international students are available through the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2023, a full-fledged scholarship program. The value of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is $70,000 a year for two years. '
It is the goal of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program to support the most deserving postdoctoral candidates from across Canada and around the world who will make significant contributions to Canada's future economic, social, and scientific development.
A total of 70 new two-year fellowships will be awarded each year, equally divided among the three federal grant-making organizations in Canada: the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to attract top-tier Canadian and foreign postdoctoral scholars at a funding level that is internationally competitive. Attracting and retaining top postdoctoral talent from throughout the country and beyond is key to helping them evolve into future research leaders who will have a beneficial impact on Canada's economic, societal, and knowledge-based growth.
A Review of Scholarships
- Postdoctoral level of study
- Host institutes are included in the list of (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Opportunity Concentration Areas:
- The study of health
- Engineering and/or natural science
- Humanities and/or social science
- There are a total of: A total of 70 fellowships are given out each year.
- a two-year timeframe
- On September 21, 2022, the deadline for submissions is over.
Coverage for Scholarships
The following advantages are available to Banting Postdoctoral Fellows:
- For the next two years, the candidate will get up to $70,000 per year in financial aid.
- A total of 70 fellowships are given out each year.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships, with their associated eligibility requirements
Candidates must demonstrate that they satisfy all of the following requirements in order to be considered for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program:
- The mandatory language is English.
- All countries throughout the world are considered eligible.
- All of the following prerequisites for a PhD, a PhD-equivalent degree, or a health professional degree must be met, or have been met, by applicants for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program for the academic year 2022-2023:
- between the 15th of September in 2019 and the 30th of September in 2023, inclusive, and
- before the beginning of the time period covered by their award.
- Applicants who have not completed all of the prerequisites for their degree at the time that they submit their application are required to present proof of their progress toward completion of the criteria no later than October 15, 2023.
- The qualifying window is based on the applicant's most recent PhD, PhD-equivalent degree, or health professional degree earned. This rule applies to applicants who have completed more than one of these degrees.
How can I submit an application to participate in the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
In order to take advantage of this fellowship, the following procedures must be followed:
(1) Before you apply, you must first check to see if the institution of your choice is qualified to house a Banting Fellow
by using this link. Additionally, if you are interested in being hosted at a Canadian academic institution and would like a list of such universities along with the research fields they specialize in, please visit the Universities Canada website by clicking Here.
(2) Make contact with the institution or supervisor you'd like to work with.
- The submission of applications is required to involve full collaboration with the prospective hosting organization.
- The institution's president needs to give their approval before applicants can move forward (equivalent or designate).
- It is the responsibility of the applicants to provide both the proposed institution and the referees with the documentation required for them to write their respective letters of recommendation.
(3) Applicants and their host institutions should have conversations about the following points right from the beginning of the application process:
- The particulars of the appointment to the fellowship.
- Any benefits that could be granted to the postdoctoral researcher working at Banting
- Any financial obligations connected with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- The existence of any research opportunities or other forms of support
- The privileges and obligations that come along with holding a postdoctoral position
- Any other institution-specific restrictions that a Banting postdoctoral researcher might be subject to, including but not limited to:
(4) Sign up for accounts on the ResearchNet database and the Canadian Common CV (CCV).
- Verify that you possess the following, or click on the appropriate links to register:
- ResearchNet account is a web-based application tool and grant opportunity/decision database that is utilized by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program here in this country.
- CIHR PIN is a one-of-a-kind personal identification that is necessary to submit an application for this program via this link.
- CCV account is a web-based service that enables you to keep the information on your CV in a central repository and generate CVs on demand for all of the firms that are CCV members.
(5) Start a ResearchNet application from here
- The following will need to be filled out by the applicant:
- Determine a subject for your research.
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Find out who the referees are.
- Fill out your degree details below.
- Put in the details about the proposal, along with the supporting documentation.
- A proposal for research
- a letter of recommendation from an institution
- The statement from the manager
Please visit the official website if you would like additional information regarding The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program: