International students can apply for the Southern Cross University Scholarship 2022-2023, which is partially sponsored. Undergraduate and Master's degrees are eligible for this award. For each year of study, this scholarship provides a $5,000 fee discount, paid in installments beginning in the first session and continuing through the year.
For undergraduate and postgraduate study at SCU Australia, overseas students from all around the world can apply for a Southern Cross University Scholarship. Located on Australia's east coast, Southern Cross Institution is a multi-campus university. Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour, and Lismore all have major campuses.
According to the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia report, 23 of Southern Cross's research projects were rated as "above world class" or better. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, it has been placed in the top 150 of the world's most prestigious universities for students under the age of 50.
The SCU Scholarships are available to overseas students who want to study at Southern Cross University and are interested in receiving financial aid. An annual decrease in tuition of $5,000 to $8,000 is provided to students through the Scholarship, paid in installments over the course of each academic year beginning with the first session and continuing after each session has been completed successfully.
Summary of Scholarship
- Undergraduate and Master's Levels of Study
- Southern Cross University is the institution(s)
- Research in: Australia
- Opportunity Concentration Areas: Click here to view all available programs.
- Program Duration: varies on degree chosen.
- Click here to view the application deadlines.
Coverage for Scholarships
International Regional Scholarships of Southern Cross University Offer the recipient the following advantages:
Regional Scholarships International
- Fee reduction of $5,000 per year, paid in installments during each academic year, beginning with the first session and continuing dependent on successful completion of each session.
Vice Chancellor's Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Fee reduction of $8,000 per year, paid in installments during each academic year, beginning with the first session and continuing if each session is successfully completed.
Southern Cross University Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be eligible for Southern Cross University Scholarships:
- English is the required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible. Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Lismore, Gold Coast, or Coffs Harbour campuses are available for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degrees.
- Applicant must meet the minimal entrance standards of the University.
- Candidates for undergraduate admission must have an academic IELTS score of 6.0 overall with no band lower than 5.5, as well as a high school diploma or GED equivalent.*
- Postgraduate entry requires a qualification equal to an Australian Bachelor degree, as well as English language proficiency equivalent to Academic IELTS 6.5*.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, students must successfully finish all courses in their progression while maintaining at least a pass in all units.
- To stay eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the attendance requirements of their program and student visa.
How to Apply for a Scholarship at Southern Cross University
To apply for Southern Cross University International Regional Scholarships, please follow the steps below:
1. International students can choose from a list of courses offered to students seeking a visa to study in Australia.
2. Apply to University:
- Southern Cross University takes applications through the following channels:
- Agents of Education
- Online Application via E-Apps
- Applications Directed
Applicants from Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, and Libya must use an Education Agent to apply.
3. For direct applications: To avoid delays, complete the International Application for Admission form and submit any supporting papers, including:
- Academic transcripts must be certified (including grading system).
- Results of an English language test (eg. IELTS, TOEFL or other).
- References from academia or employers (if required).
- Application for Advanced Standing (if relevant).
- Advanced standing refers to prior education or professional experience that may lessen the length of the degree.
- Southern Cross University suggests that you submit your application at least two months before you plan to begin your studies.
Please read on for more information.
To apply for the Vice Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarships at Southern Cross University, please follow these steps:
Southern Cross University Scholarships can be found on their official website, which can be accessed here:
- Scholarships for Students from Other Countries:
2. Scholarships for Academic Excellence awarded by the Vice Chancellor: